Blog Journal 2

 💭I don't remember a time in K-12 or my college studies when I didn't use some sort of work processing software to complete assignments. Okay, maybe K-4. But still, much of my school experience has revolved around typing papers in MS or on google docs. After using both I have to admit I prefer google docs. It is much more user-friendly in my opinion, and has the ability to make about the same level of quality documents as MS for free. 

💃The ISTE is an organization that supports technology use for learning worldwide. With most of our lives happening online now, it seems we may need to reconsider how to be moral online. Take one look at TikTok comments and this can be proven. I think ISTE standard 2.3 is very important for K-12 educators to teach. The standard states that educators ought to inspire students to positively contribute and responsibly participate in the digital world. We should support our peers online and not say something you wouldn't say to the person face to face. This is vital for children to grow up understanding. 

😅I do agree with the term digital native applying to the youth. We grew up surrounded by technology. Naturally we are keeping up with the pace of technology easier than our parents. It is also obvious to see with people 50+. In my work, I see older people struggle with our pin-pad all of the time because it is a touch-screen tablet rather than a register. 

Comments

  1. Hello Hannah!! I have used both Microsoft Word and Google Docs and I also prefer Google Docs. I am more familiar with it since I used it in both Middle School and High School and I agree tat it is more user friendly. Also, it is amazing that it is free. Everyone loves free things! I also agree with the term digital native. I find it cool that you have had first hand experience with seeing the technological differences between multiple generations.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Journal 10

Blog Journal 6